Thursday, January 5, 2012

Real Italian Copy Drawings!!!!






I heard the Hallie Ford Museum of Art in Salem, Oregon http://www.willamette.edu/arts/hfma/exhibitions/library/2011-12/timeless_renaissance.html was having a collection of real Italian renaissance drawings. Before this exhibit I have never seen a real renaissance drawing in person. These were collected by Count Alessandro Maggiori (1764-1834). I also learned that one could go and do copies of these drawings. I was so excited to go and do some copies. So these are some copies that I did of the drawings. Sorry I don't have photos of the real things. You will just have to imagine that I did a good job. I am so thankful for the museum in letting people do copies.

Why do copies??? If you have a purpose in mind you can learn much. If you have no purpose you are wasting your time. I have others that I will post maybe????

No comments: